In good time for mothering sunday , i thought ill share this post to inspire or encourage one or two women out there who may be feeling stuck ,uninspired or just unsure about what it truly means to be a successful woman.
The idea of being “successful” is ultimately a matter of personal judgment. But regardless of personality, industry, or point in history, there are timeless truths about what it takes to achieve one’s potential.
Like the path from white belt to black belt, success includes a journey that is taken one lesson at a time. Improved and refined, successful people move onward and forward in facing their next challenge and life lesson.
So what then does it mean to be successful ? Could it be a high paying job? Perhaps owning your own home…? Running your own business…? Maybe successful is having a happy and healthy family? Or perhaps it is just as simple as being happy when you lay your head on your pillow at night…Whatever successful means to you, there are certain habits of successful women that help them to achieve their own success.
- She educates and Invests in herself :- And I don’t mean just a University degree. Knowledge is power and a successful woman is aware that she needs to be educated. Whether it’s in business or day-to-day life, a successful woman researches, reads and asks questions, network , invest in relationships, spiritually reflect, and since she also know the extent of her capabilities she seek out people whose talents can complement hers
- She makes time for herself. With schedules running rife filled with meetings and kids school and extracurricular events a successful woman knows her own value and knows that she needs time out to rejuvenate and just focus on herself. If your mind is at ease and your body is feeling good, you’re going to be more present with your family and achieve more at work. Taking a moment and treating yourself to a facial , relaxing bath at home or buying those new shoes can sometimes be worth it. As well as looking after everyone else’s wellbeing, you should never forget about your own happiness and health.
3. She understands mummy guilt and general woman guilt, acknowledges it, and moves on. Mummy guilt was first discussed here and its something women live with everyday, we feel guilty if we go to work, we feel guilty if we stay at home, we feel guilty for just about everything. But we need to acknowledge that we feel this way because we want the best for our children, for our families and for ourselves and instead, focus on the positives, such as the fact that working mom’s daughters often are more successful and the sons tend to be more caring. You’re going to survive, your children will survive and things will work out – stop being scared and instead enjoy the moment.
4. She is financially savvy: It is super important to know the ins and outs of your finances, to be on top of your financial situation. Successful women are successful because they can manage the important areas of their lives. Financial stability is such a huge part of life – and i don’t mean that you have to earn a six figure pay check but whatever you earn , be able to grow or manage it appropriately . A successful woman doesn’t live a champagne life on a beer budget.
5. She genuinely helps : The old idea of needing to be ruthless in order to succeed is long gone. A successful woman gives back, she gives and expects nothing in return and without holding back a thing as she understands her lighting , another woman candle doesn’t dim hers.
Thank you Adam for my cute card….
To every woman out there , i say may we know successful women , and may we be them…
Happy Mothers Day
Did i leave any thing behind ? Please share with me in the comment section below…
Outfit Details –
Dress : Thrifted
Shoes : Gianvitto Rossi plexi pump
Accessories : Desire1709
Fascinator : Guapa Lagos
Photography : Yinka Elliot (www.ellisoftphotography.com)
Be sure to follow me: